<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

https://fiberific.com.au

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Fiberific!: It is official.... I am the worst blogger EVER!!

Sunday, July 29, 2012

It is official.... I am the worst blogger EVER!!

I have been having so much fun and doing awesome things that I completely forgot to share... I am going to whiz over the last couple of months...

Decided to go on a cruise to Noumea, Lifou and Port Vila! Yay!!  and before I knew it 10 weeks later it was time to leave! With my brand new passport with the WORST picture in the history of man! You know the practice of taking photo's of your deceased loved ones in the 1800's??? Well I think that maybe my photo would look better in that era than this one.. just sayin' it is very bad. Pics are in my Flickr account if you want a look.




Had a fantastic time on cruise with the girls, had a hot rocks massage! It was completely glorious!  Was happy to make it back to land, it was a bit rocky as we were going around bad weather for the most part of the trip.

Not long after getting home a very special package arrived! A brand spanking new Schacht Sidekick wheel from my favourite dealer in the world. Copper Moose  Bill is the bee's knee's he is so helpful, his service is second to none!  You have to go check out his site...




and then..... one week later.... My favorite new toy fell out of the back of my car and broke!!!!! But Bill being the complete super hero that he is, got me to take pic's of the damage and email them to him, he chatted with Schact, and heading my way in a week or so are the replacement parts, and the instructions to repair my wheel! Such a relief when I read that news let me tell you... I will get a pic of the wheel when it is ready to spin, and SHARE SHARE SHARE...not at all keen to get spinning on it again.noo. I love my little gem, don't get me wrong, but I really loved spinning on my sidekick, they are both awesome just different!

Tour de France has been and gone and with it the Annual Tour de Fleece, I kept very busy, spinning everyday the riders rode.  I ended up spinning about 800g of yarn in varying thicknesses and colours, and mostly from the lovely lady Charly at Ixchelbunny Farm... My stash much depleted by this event, I went to the Qld Spinners and Weavers camp, and restocked!! I got some gorgeous stuff, including 100g of Super Wash BFL Cashmere which I spun into about 320m of sock weight yarn...this is navajo plyed so I think it is my finest spinning ever...as to get 320m in navajo ply means I spun around 960m for my 100g....not lace weight but still awesome!  This one may have a home already! more pics of my TDF can be found on my flickr





I am a bit in love with Craftsy.com at the moment... I decided I wanted to hone some skills and tackle one that had been scaring me....entrelac... I have to say Entrelac Knitting with Gwen Bortner was amazing, so glad I spent the money! I could rewind and go over things and message Gwen with questions! I made the first project and then got sidetracked.... My Entrelac cowl which now has a new home... my Mum thought it was awesome.. how could I say no!




And back to today... the Ravellenic (Ravelry.com) games have begun, they will run parallel to the Olympic games, I have entered into the Wips Wrestling - this event is for finishing off  projects that you haven't touched since May 15, you may or may not be surprised to know I have a couple of things that qualified for this event. I also entered into the Shawl sailing with a new shawl I cast on during the Opening Ceremony, it is the lovely Clarus by Laura Nelkin.  I got this pattern as part of my Mastering Lace Shawls class on Craftsy!

I have been working on a project for a while the Rough Sea's shawl, struggling big time with the lace edging, I decided I need to get some lace help...enter Craftsy.com.  I enrolled in the Mastering Lace Shawls... I am nearly ready to bite the bullet and pull out the Rough Seas again.  Maybe after the Ravellenic Games.

I think that may be enough of an overload for today, I know have a calender Alarm set to remind me to blog.. lets see if that works. Fingers Crossed.


1 Comments:

At August 2, 2012 at 6:08 PM , Blogger monica said...

I honestly think I have you beat as the worst blogger! I don't even remember the last time I posted! Maybe I will post tomorrow! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home