<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

https://fiberific.com.au

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Fiberific!: Fibreific Is Up and Running!!

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Fibreific Is Up and Running!!

Well hello there, this is the first of what I hope to  be many posts, keep us all updated on what is happening here at Fibertific. Fiberific is a fun word isn't it? Fiberific....FIBERIFIC!! Thats it keep on saying it!   We love fibres and everything that can be done with them spinning, dyeing, knitting, crocheting, felting, weaving you name it, if it is fibre related we want in on it!!

A little bit about me, ok.... I am a crochet addict, I love crochet the best (see favoritism already lol)  It is my first craft so it holds a special place.  A few years ago I learned to knit in the continental style, this opened up the knitting world to me, before that I was a scarf only girl.  I now see a knitting pattern I love and instead of groaning, I add it to me ever increasing queue, or worse cast on and add it to the pile of WIPS (work in progress).  In July I attended the first ever Craft Yarn Council Teach the Teacher Program, in Australia.  This is the first course to be run outside of the United States. So having undertaken both Knitting and Crochet Certified Instructors Program, I have been having a blast teaching.  Initially I have been teaching privately in my home, but I want to teach more people so I am starting up a couple of beginners groups, details will be a bit further down.  I also pattern test, tech edit and some production work for the lovely ladies at Jenny King Designs on the Sunshine Coast.

Each week I will write up what I have been doing and what I have been working on and what classes and workshops are on.

So lets get the show on the Road.

This week, I have been madly organising a venue for my Beginner classes and the lovely booking staff at the Bethania Community Centre have been extremely helpful.

So new Classes info.. ready for it.

Bethania Community Centre, Station Road Bethania (cross the train lines and it is next door to the pool)
Every Wednesday
$10 per 2 hour session

 9.30am - 11.30am  Beginner Knitting
12.30pm - 2.30pm Beginner Crochet

Supplies: You are welcome to bring your own 8ply yarn, hooks and needles, or I have some available at a low cost.

I have also been invited to run a workshop at Queensland Spinners We will be learning about crochet cables and lace, and make a cushion cover using these techniques.  For more information and booking details look here.

Queensland Spinners Weavers and Fibre Artists, 12 Payne Street Auchenflower
Sunday 18th September 9am -4pm
Queensland Spinners Website has the supply list.


Get your fibre on! Have a great week!
Chantelle.



Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home