<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

https://fiberific.com.au

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Fiberific!: The blog you write when you realise you forgot to blog!!

Thursday, September 20, 2012

The blog you write when you realise you forgot to blog!!

Wow, so even after three reminders, I still nearly forgot to blog! Now in my defence, I am trying to organise our very first family camping trip.  So I have come in from packing the car, sitting having a cuppa break!

This week has been really busy, DD7 is on school holidays so we have been doing fun stuff....well I think it is fun DD maybe not so much LOL... We have created a herb garden, and planted some peas.  I have no pics of either of these!

DD's teacher is finished up for the year and about to have some very premmie twins, so we got busy with making a little pressie for them.

So first things first, I knitted up 2 pairs of Michelle's Preemie-Newborn Booties




Add the fiberific dye table......


up close of the colours...


add the yummy colours to our presoaked sockies....


steam them for about 20 mins, rinse and rinse again, wash with a little soft soap, rinse and dry on the line



Stitch them all up and we have...


Gorgeous wee little booties!!! They were very well received.  I would definitely make more!  I think this is one of those gifts.... be warned pregnant friends and friends considering parenthood, this will likely be your pressie, maybe just in different colours.



DD7 is very excited, she is a Model, Jenny King's new pattern Roses, as modeled here by my cute one.



After looking at herself on the monitor, she looked at me and said very seriously "Why is it that Internet me has a cute top, and real me doesn't?"  Well after laughing, and realising she was completely serious, I found a couple of balls of Lana Gatto Super Soft and started working away.. I haven't finished yet, much to her disgust.  But it won't take long.  I have completed the base piece and just have edging and roses to go.  If you want a really quick top then this is one to do... and while I haven't started on the roses yet, I would say that this pattern is for All crochet skill levels!



Keep an eye out for the coming weeks, some big announcements coming on the Fiberific Front!  Nope not telling you today, next Thursday!

I really do need to go now, my cup is long empty and it is time to finish packing my clothes and draw up the don't forget this list, for the morning. Goodnight All.



2 Comments:

At September 21, 2012 at 8:50 AM , Blogger ixchel bunny said...

wonderful blog :) LOVE the booties and the top ! awesome! Have a great camping trip..DONT FORGET THE MARSHMELLOWS!!!":D

 
At September 23, 2012 at 7:23 PM , Blogger Chanti said...

Thanks Ixchelbunny! I completely forgot the marshmallows!! Much to DD's disgust!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home