<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

https://fiberific.com.au

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Fiberific!: Bye Bye 2013

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Bye Bye 2013

It is well and truly the end of 2013, what an amazing year.  I have met many many amazing people and have even made a lot of new friends online too.  I do count online people I chat to as friends.  We read about each others lives, and instant message and chat online.  Sometimes I would talk to an online friend more regularly than real people in my life.  So yes, I count cyber buddies too.

After ending off 2012 with only a few but completely awesome suppliers.  Charly aka Ixchelbunny has and is a stalwart supporter of my little business without her help from the start I don't think Fiberific! would be here. Even though her own life has been completely crazy busy, she has kept me in good supply of her delicious fibres and yarns.  Dave from the Merlin Tree Spinning wheels! The super busy guys from SpinOlution!

This year I managed to secure Dealerships with ChiaGoo, who make amazing knitting needles, crochet hooks and nifty notions.  Nancy's Knit Knacks, these guys make awesome wooden tools, the kind of thing you can bequest to grand children, they will last forever.  Tan Tech, this is local to me (which is rare it turns out) Fantastic wool scour and washing products, made in Australia!  And then Finally Majacraft, my newest supplier.  Such a treat to be able to supply their tools and wheels! Not to forget the wonderful Australian Farmers who supply me with Gotland Wool and Mohair.

Of course I will have forgotten someone, I always do.

2013 was my break out year for my own patterns, with my first 2 going up for sale.  There are more on the way, first was the Squishable Cowl, it made its debut and my first Bendigo Sheep and Wool show, it was available in both kit and pattern only form.  Using the delectable BFL Bunny Yarn  from Ixchelbunny



Then just in time for some Christmas Quick Knits, was the Sheepy Cozy



















I got to attend lots of events!

Warwick Spinners Camp
Bornhoffen (Gold Coast Spinners) Camp
Camp Pialba
QSWFA Open Day
Ipswich Spinners Camp
Redlands Spinners Open Day
QSWFA Mapleton Camp
Bendigo Sheep and Wool Show
Bribie Island (Redlands Spinners) Camp
Toowoomba Spinners Camp
Highfields Spinners Camp

So now onto 2014.... I have already got some things in the Calendar... and I will talk more about them next year.

I hope you all have lots of Fun tonight! Have a happy and safe new year! Don't forget to add "Learn a new fibre/yarn craft skill' to your new years resolution list! I might be able to help with that!

Chantelle.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home